Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lost in Translation??

It never ceases to amaze me, how others will process what you tell them.  We have been working with Stuart on his phone manners.  So, yesterday, a card from Auntie Em came in the mail, and he asked if he could call and thank her.  I was THRILLED.

I gave him the number, and went back to cooking dinner.  Since he was using the kitchen phone - I could hear everything pretty clearly.  I died laughing.  Points to him for trying so hard.  Let me replay part of it for you

Stuart :  Hello, This is Stuart
(whoever what on the other line said something)
Stuart:  May I please speak with Mrs. Wasson....
(the other line apparently seemed baffled
Stuart:  "Mrs. Wasson, your mom.......

At this point I jumped in and told him to call her Auntie Em, but he was too worried about what if it is a wrong number.

He cracks me up.  I wish he would take everything I'm trying to teach him as seriously!

0 comments:

 
;