Saturday, January 16, 2010

First Ice Fishing Trip


Stuart had his first ice fishing trip this morning.  Aaron A. took Stuart out with Joseph and a friend of his down to Hyrum Damn.  They didn't catch anything, but I think that he had fun.  As always, I can't get any real details - other than "It was cool".   Joseph says that he complained about being cold (like that's new).  Of course, I felt the need to point out that Joseph is the Dad, so that he should probably should have taught him why - and that he should wear extra clothes, instead of assuming that a 13 year old would think ahead and plan for an experience that he hadn't experiences yet.   We'll have see what happens on future trips.   Stuart is getting much better at planning, and is great at seeing ahead with a lot of different things, but not all things yet.  My aunt told me, to figure on another 30 yrs or so, before they figure it all out.   Unless of course, he gets a good wife, which tends to expedite the process.  I had to laugh at that.   It has been fun though, to watch Stuart grow up and start learning these things.  When he applies the independence he has always had - in ways that work - I have hope for the future.


 

0 comments:

 
;