Tuesday, September 7, 2010

and so it begins.... Girls!



Stuart is growing up - the infatuation with girls is starting.  We stopped by the library, just the other afternoon.  I spent some time over in the fiction section.  As I head over to tell Stu he needs to hurry up - I notice a young lady, watching him from around one of the shelves.  I have to say - she was cute.  Of course, I'm also thinking that he is oblivious to her - but for the moment it gave me hope - that I will get a good d-law and grandkids. 

I can't wait to tell Joseph about it, the girl checking Stu out - and as soon as I catch up with them, I pull him aside.   Here is a brief transcript of our conversation

Me: - So - I have to tell you about the girl at the library (with a big grin on my face)
Joseph: - yeah - Jessica, right?
Me: ?? Jessica??
Joseph:  Yup - Stuart was telling me about seeing her at the library - and kinda watching what she was doing with out her noticing.

At this point?  I have to sit down I am laughing so hard.  Here I was, thinking "wow - a girl is checking out my son" that I didn't notice he was checking HER out!  and neither of them spotted each other doing it!!!!!   It is the young lady we think he has a crush on - but he insists that they are just friends.  Which we like, but we are also trying to get him to understand that while you don't ACT on those feelings at this point, its ok to have them, and he can offer to carry her books, or even dance with her.  He will be going to church dances in about 3 months.  Joseph is going to teach him how to dance - so at least he has some real moves.

Time will tell.  I think raising a teenage boy just became much more entertaining.
 
;