Sunday, March 7, 2010

One of those Projects!

I am trying to get a small table runner done.  One for Easter, and since Easter is soon approaching, I'd like to have it completed so that it can be out for a bit before, and a bit after.

Is this project cooperating? Not in the least.

I have measured and cut the borders as the instructions said.  They were much to long.
So double checked all of my other measures. They were correct. No big deal - just a type in the instructions.  So I unpick the corner blocs on the end and carefully measured the quilt top, (twice).  As I went to sew on the borders? To short.

Now, I'm out of fabric.  I have to choose another for the border.  At this point, I am so frustrated, that I am giving up in the corner blocks, and just doing straight solid borders.  I have JUST enough of another piece to finish this up

I sew them on, square them up, and start pressing.  as I get the the last border? I PUT IT ON BACKWARDS!  The peice I'm using is very similar front to back.  The wrong side isn't obvious.   Unless of course, it is sewn to itself, and then you can see the difference. 

So again... I am picking out the seams.  I swear, I've picked out more seams in this quilt than I've put in!!!

1 comments:

Robyn Maxine said...

I totally feel your pain. I was on this crazy roll working on my 2nd cross stitch bib and ran out of one of the colors I need. It's not that I can't go get more it's that I was on such a mission in that moment and my efforts were totally thwarted. Ahh...Cest la Vie...such is life. We will prevail...one way or another...

 
;