Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Teaching Stuart to shoot




So we took Stuart out to teach him how to shoot. the good news.... is he didn't hit anyone. The even better news is that he hit what he was aiming at...... with a little help. He did manage to hit a "pigeon" - or a moving target of clay flung by a bystander (for those of us city girls who thought pigeons were just annoying birds that poop everywhere). He listened to what he was told and only argued a little. Of course the arguing about how to do it stopped, as soon as he realized that if you did it the way you were told.... you would actually hit something. Uncle Aaron had fun taking him out. And I think I trust Aaron a bit more with a gun. Joseph is a pretty good shot. If the world comes to and end with the current presidential administration.... Joseph could hit enough to feed us. Patty did well too - but she has been doing it for years. They stuck the gun in my hand (hello Annie Oakley). Ok.... not really. But as long as it isn't a moving target, and I don't aim for it....I can hit it. Actually, I just need to learn how the site works better. I did finally hit a stationary target, by aiming below it. I have a lot to learn.


Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

 
;